Thursday, March 19, 2009

Nursing update

This is is his bed in his isolation room. You can see some of the room. We liked it because it was more private.



Okay, last night went as well as can be expected! Hudson is just not an aggressive eater. When you give him a bottle he starts to fall asleep and you have to fight him to take the rest. When i tried to nurse he did latch on but he fell asleep, which is what he always does when I hold him! I guess it is comforting. So I ended up giving him the whole bottle. With a bottle you can move it around, hold their chin a certain way, and do all these little tricks to get them to take it, but you can't do that when nursing. However, today I nursed him at 12:00 and he latched on and nursed for like 10 min, still not very aggressive, but its a start! I then gave him a bottle, which he took 40 out of 60cc's. So hopefully that means he did get something nursing.He did take 2 breast milk bottles during the night last night. I was told today also that another baby has the flu and she shares a nurse with Hudson, therefore Hudson has been exposed, but they didn't seem concerned since they have been wearing gloves and gowns when dealing with him already. However, the flu is airborne, so if he starts showing any symptoms within the next 7 days I will need to take him to the doctor. I don't think this will happen, but we still need to pray that it doesn't! Everything else is going well right now. He should still be coming home sometime this weekend!

Staci

No comments:

Post a Comment