Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Time for the good stuff!


Okay, I went by the hospital this morning (12:00pm) and the nurse had just fed him his first bottle of 60cc's! She said she had to work with him to get him to take it all, but he handled it well. Also, he had a stool this morning and it tested negative for blood! I asked about how they would introduce the breast milk because I am trying to get an idea of a timeline. I didn't know if they would start by mixing 10cc's of breast milk with formula or do half in half or what. The nurse said there was really no certain way they do it and we would have to wait for the Dr to make rounds and she would ask him. So she just called me and Dr Bruce said that he is still planning on removing the PIC line tomorrow and if all keeps going well he will have him home by the weekend. He also said that, if it was convenient for me, I could nurse him at 9:00pm tonight!!!!! I was like "yeah, I think that I can fit that in, I mean are you kidding me!!! Of course it is convenient! God is soo good!!! He is going above and beyond our expectations at this point! I mean I was thinking he would have to go through all these stages of introducing the breast milk slowly and then me finally nursing. I know that this may be a struggle at first, as nursing is more work for Hudson than a bottle, but still I am ready to go ahead and get this show on road! The Lord is soooo good! I can't say it enough! Keep praying! Hopefully it won't take too long for him to get the hang of things, but really I just hope that he does eventually get the hang of it!

Staci

No comments:

Post a Comment