Tuesday, March 24, 2009

We're Home!



Well, we are finally home! We arrived home Sunday around 2:00pm. He has been really good so far. However, he may have his days and nights confused! The first night home he woke up between every hour to an hour and a half! Last night he did do better. He slept for 3 hours at one stretch, but then at 4:45am he decided it was time to wake up, until 5:45. So today I have tried to make sure he eats more frequently so that maybe he'll sleep more tonight. I got his appointment with the pediatrician (the wonderful, Dr. Lytle) moved to this morning at 9:45am. That went great. The girls went with me and they did really well. Dr. Lytle made me feel so much more at peace. It is nice to hear that your baby is healthy, especially from someone you know and trust!! He said he looked great and felt that he would be a perfectly healthy little boy! he weighed in at 8lbs! So we're back to our birth weight. Nursing is going very well. I am still off dairy for right now. He still has a little bit of thrush in his mouth so we have prescription for that. We are going to see the GI Dr (Mestre) at St. Vincent's this Thursday at 4:15pm. We have heard from several people that he is the absolute best, so that is reassuring. He saw Hudson when he was in the NICU, so this is really just a follow up. However, he did start testing positive for blood in his stool again on Friday so I will be curious to see what he says about him. As far as me nursing and does he have an milk protein intolerance. I am also going to ask him about the milk I have stored in the freezer. I have a freezer overflowing with it, which is great! However, the NICU Dr told me to throw it all away because he is afraid that if I was the one carrying the enterovirus that it could be in my milk. So I want to ask Dr. Mestre exactly how much should I throw out before I do it! 

The girls had gymnastics this afternoon and I took him with us and he slept the whole time! He really is a good baby!

Thank you so much for the prayers, he is doing so well. Our God is so worthy of glory!

Staci

5 comments:

  1. Oh my it is hard to imagine throwing out ALL that breast milk...that will be painful if you have to! Whatever is best for sweet Hudson! I am so glad things are going well. Jason used to call on Dr. Mestre and absolutely loves him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been praying for baby Hudson... so glad he is finally home! I agree, I know pumping can be a pain (I'm doing it twice a day while I'm at work!) and you were so dedicated to pump while he was in the NICU, I hope you are able to keep all that milk! Sorry he has his days/nites confused... What we found worked was trying to keep Lucas awake in the afternoon/evening as long as possible and then he would eat around 9 and go down for a few hours. Anyways, Hudson is precious and it was great to read the update! ~ Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, it may be physically painful to throw it all out if I have too! Jason is one of the people who told us that Dr Mestre is the best. Hudson did a lot better last night. I tried that... he stayed awake for about 2 and a half hours and then i fed him and put him down. He didn't eat again for 5 hours! So that was great! Although I didn't get to sleep until an hour after he ate and he did wake up once and then went back to sleep until he woke up to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. let me tell you my conversation with Adam in regards to this post...
    C- "have you seen these pictures of Hudson?"
    A- "not let me see."
    I turn the computer around...
    A - "WHOA he looks JUST LIKE HUNTER"
    thought that was funny.
    I can't imagine you having NOTHING but a good baby. :)
    and I can't imagine throwing all that milk away....GEEZ, does that dr. know how hard you worked for that milk? but whatever "hudsack" needs :) LOVE YOU 5!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww yea! I'm so glad you guys are home and he is doing so well! I love all of the pictures you've posted of him! He looks just like the girls but so much like a boy at the same time~too sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete