Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Easter!

This is what Hudson did while we opened easter baskets. He has on his chick pj's for Easter.


This year we decided to take it easy on the dresses! When I say "we" I mean "we let Karen take it easy", because she is the one who made the dresses. I think this is the first year since McCaylan was born that Karen and I have not been smocking like crazy for easter dresses! But with the baby coming, I made a decision early on that we were not smocking this year! I mean we normally start thinking Easter as soon as Christmas is over! And last year was KG's 3 year portrait so I smocked her a dress, which took some 60 odd hours to do! And Karen did McCaylan's. So I had enough with smocking last year! So we decided to match the baby's monogram daygown by doing a monogramed dress. I think it turned out well. 




On Good friday we went with a group to secret Church at Brook Hills. We love going and haven't missed since we started. David Platt is the pastor and he does Secret church every 6 months. What is Secret Church? It is a 6 hour Bible study (that usually turns into 7 hours). It is from 6-midnight (or 1 am). He changes the topic every time. Like we've gone through the whole new testament, the old testament, "Who is God", "The Holy Spirit", and this time was the "The Cross of Christ". It was awesome!!! I posted the link on my blog so you can learn more about it. We would love for you to join us next time!

"Yes it was the Lord's will to crush Him and cause Him to suffer, and though the Lord makes His life a guilt offering, He will see His offspring and prolong the His days, and the will of the Lord will prosper in His hand." Isaiah 53:10 

"May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." Galatians 6:14

3 comments:

  1. The outfits are beautiful, but not as much as the kiddies! I am still bummed we missed Secret Church this time, but will try to catch the next one. I'm going to try to listen to the Cross one online if that is an option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will have it online. Sometimes it takes a couple of weeks though. It was really good! You should download it on your phone so you can listen in the car. Put your headphones on and block out the kiddies, thats what I do!! Thanks Abbie! We miss ya'll so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great seeing you at the soccer field. Take care!

    ReplyDelete