Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I month!

This is Kenley Grace's soccer team. She is the 2nd one from the left and her best friend is the 2nd one from the right, Sittre Paige Jones. They are the only girls and Sittre Paige's dad is the coach. 


This is at a friends birthday party after the big soccer game. They had an easter egg hunt. Please excuse the "no makeup look" I've got going on! I wanted post a pic that had McCaylan in it too.


Today Hudson is 5 weeks old! Hard to believe, especially since he has only been home for half that time. Saturday he was 1 month old, so yesterday we had his 1 month check up. That went really well. He is just as normal as can be! He was 21 and 3/4 inches long and weighed 8lb 8oz. Now I am not used to this! Kenley Grace had surpassed her birthweight after 2 days home and never stopped gaining after that! Dr. Lytle said that is a half ounce gain a day for Hudson since the last time we saw him and that is the least amount he wants him to gain. But he said to just keep doing what I'm doing. He has stopped pooping so much, so maybe he will gain some more now! I am basically starting to feed on demand because he has seemed hungrier these past few days so maybe he is going through a growth spurt and trying to build my milk up. But really everything is going great with us. Kenley Grace will 4 next Tues the 14th! I can't believe it! And McCaylan will be 6! This is so crazy! I am not old enough to have a 6 year old! I am suppose to just have babies! Most of my friends are just getting started and I'll have a first-grader next year! Kenley Grace had her first soccer game Sat. She was so cute! She did nothing but trip or just stand there with her hands behind her back the first quarter. But after a few brief talks with daddy, in which he explained to her "We don't share in soccer! Do not share the ball!" and "Its okay to shove in soccer. If someone has the ball, push 'em a little and get that ball back!" she began to catch on. Did I mention this is Upward soccer which is a christian league? I'm sure they do not approve of Hunter's methods! Especially since they don't even keep score! However, it worked, because after their talks she scored 4 goals! It was a lot of fun watching her. McCaylan does not play soccer because she does horse lessons on Mondays. Plus KG needed something of her own. Something she did without her sister! They both do gymnastic on Tuesdays and then KG has soccer practice every Thursday night and a game every Saturday.

Thanks for keeping up with us! We are truly blessed!
Staci

1 comment:

  1. you forgot to post a new pic of hudson :) glad to hear everything is going well. the girls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete