Sunday, September 20, 2009

Update on my sweet baby

OKay, we went to the Gi dr on fri. and he asked a lot of questions and took a lot of notes. He is very thorough. He is sending us to Children's Hospital in 2 weeks for an appt to have an ultrasound done of Hudson's abdomen and labs done to check his liver function, spleen, and some other stuff. Meanwhile, I am going to take him 5 stool samples this week. Then the day we go to Children's I will return to his office to discuss the results of the stool samples and whatever we find out at Children's. So I will update the blog when That happens. I do not have an appt set yet. I am calling tomorrow to get that set up.

So as far as Hudson goes... I have started him back on his reflux meds and The gi dr wants me start him on some good bacteria (Bio Gaia), which puts the good bacteria back into your intestines. He has been spitting up some this week, but nothing outrageous, just normal baby spit up. Then last night he wasn't acting quite himself. he wasn't smiling much or cooing. Then this morning he woke up with spit up in his bed. Then I nursed him and then he spit up. Then the next time he nursed he projectile vomitted 3x in row. And the about an hour and half later he was asleep and woke up to throw up and then went back to sleep. So I guess I am starting the 1tsp. of Pedialyte every 5 min again as soon as he wakes up. I can tell he doesnt feel good and he doesnt want to eat. which is why I don't believe this is just reflux. So I will hopefully take the stool samples tomorrow if I have enough and I will tell them what he has done today and ask what if there is anything I need to be doing. Which by tomorrow he will probably be feeling much better, which is the way this usually goes. Anyway, say a prayer for us the doctors! Thank you so much. He is such a sweet baby. He is happy ALL the time, except when he is having these episodes. He never fusses normally. He laughs and smile and coos. We are so thankful for him.

I will try and update as soon as I find things out.

Staci


No comments:

Post a Comment