Thursday, September 17, 2009

For cryin out loud!! Not AGAIN!

Played too hard!


Daddy pulling them around the back yard.
McCaylan taking over.

McCaylan ready for the wedding!
Ready to throw those petals!

Okay, so my step sister got married this past weekend at Rosewood in Pinson and it went great! Everything was gorgeous! It was an outside wedding and it didn't rain so that was great! I was a bridesmaid and the girls were flower girls. It was stress free and we really enjoyed it! The Sunday was my best friend Ashley's baby tea that I helped with. It went great and she got a lot of good stuff.
Meanwhile, Saturday morning Hudson woke up throwing up AGAIN! He threw up 4 times that morning while I was trying to get ready for the wedding. So needless to say he did make it to the wedding. Hunter and his mom kept him all day. He did not have a fever. They had to give him 1tsp of Pedialyte every 5 min for 2 hours and then four more hours before he could have breastmilk. However, he threw up 30 min into the pedialyte and then once more a couple of hours later. So all day he had nothing but pedialyte. So when I got there that night I gave him a 2oz bottle of breastmilk just to try since it had now been 6 hours since he vomitted. He took the whole thing and about 15 min later threw it up. So all through the night when he woke up I just gave him about .5- 1oz of pedialyte. He kept that down so that morning I let him nurse for about 30-45 seconds, and then he threw it up about 30 min later. He acted like he felt a little better and I did nurse him on this day. He only threw up 3-4 times all day and very spread out through out the day. So Mon was his 6 month checkup. We went to see Dr Lytle and I was prepared to request a referral back to the GI dr b/c I do not feel like my child has just been so unlucky as to catch 3 viruses, once each in the past 3 months. Also, the girls have not had a virus since he was born! Obviously Dr Lytle agrees that this is abnormal b/c with out me asking he immediately said "lets go back the GI". Yay! I just want to figure this thing out! So we go tomorrow (Fri) at 10:45am. Also, he weighed 15lbs 8oz. Two weeks ago I took him in for an ear infection and he was 15lbs 4oz! So he definitely lost weight during this vomitting spell. Last time, during the whole Children's visit, he started at 14lbs 9oz and when it was all said and done he weighed 13lbs 14oz! While he is still gaining weight (when he's not sick), his percentile is dropping big time. He is 11% for weight. So sad! I am use to KG who was 90% for weight and 70% for height! So she was a major fatty and I loved it! He is still a very happy baby when he is not sick. So please say a prayer for wisdom for Dr Mestre (GI dr). In the meantime Dr Lytle had me start him back on reflux medication, although he never spits up in between these spells, just to make sure. Also, the day he turned 6 months I started him on baby food. He loves bananas! I am making my own baby food and they tell you to start with bananas so I did. More to come on that later! Anyway, he FINALLY started sleeping through the night! He did it for a whole week! Then, he got sick! And he hasn't slept through the night since! BIG bummer! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment